[SERIES 1] CLOUD-BASED WEB SECURITY BEST PRACTICES AND SYSTEM CONFIGURATION OVERVIEW WORKSHOP IN BANGLADESH
A two-day introductory workshop on Cloud-based Web Security was held on 6-7 February, 2019 at IICT, BUET. Honourable Vice Chancellor of BUET Prof. Dr. Saiful Islam was present in the closing ceremony of the workshop held on 7th February as the chief guest.
During the 2-day workshop, the trainers from BUET, USM and FIWARE discussed on different topics addressing:
- Principles and best practices for cloud-based web security for Research and Education Network (REN) organizations and users
- An introduction to the FIWARE Application Development platform for development of cloud-based network management and security dashboards and other services
- An introduction on Network Monitoring Tools and Security Analysis
- An introduction to Cloud Enabled Security System (CESS) for managing organization-wide web and network policies and access controls
- A CESS Hands on session on Network Traffic Capture and Analysis
- A discussion forum with invited stakeholders on Data Security and Privacy in Bangladesh.
This workshop has been conducted as part of the Asi@Connect Distributed and Cloud-based Network Defense System for NRENs (DCNDS) Project funded by TEIN* Cooperation Center and the European Union to facilitate capacity building among NOC operators and network engineers, as well as security personnel to support the effective operation of Research and Education Networks in the Asian region.
Prof.Dr.Islam – Overview of Cloud Computing
Prof.Dr.Islam – Cloud Security Issues
Dr.Mustafa – Cloud Enabled Security Services (CESS)
Dr. Karuppayah – Securing Openstack Cloud
Dr. Anbar – Network monitroing & Security Analysis
ECE Bhaban, 7th Floor,
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET),
6 – 7 February, 2019
|This workshop has received funding from Asi@Connect project which is the European Union co-funding project under Grant contract ACA 2016-376-562.|